Let’s talk about October.
It’s a rainy day on the day after Halloween. I’ve just finished posting my review of The Witcher 1 and my latest YouTube video. It’s been an extremely productive day and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. The Witcher review took months of planning and “weeks” of solid work to get done. The resulting review was so worth the time and dedication I put towards it. Still, I’m now mentally exhausted from the effort and now I’ve got to post an update on the latest goings on? Blargh. Doing three posts in one day is pushing it. So, this will get published on Monday instead. But I’m working on it Sunday so that it can be available tomorrow since I’m working all day tomorrow.
A Paladin Without A Crusade
So with Journey Through Steam on the ropes, I decided to return to personal blogging again. It’s gotten some attention but nothing all that exciting. I didn’t really expect a lot of attention to those posts but they’re fun to do once in a while. It’s also the precursor before I start talking about technology topics again. Though I wouldn’t hold your breath, those are likely to come in 2016 at the rate things are moving. Hmm, what else to talk about. Oh, right. I’m commissioning some new art for A Paladin as well as a new YouTube series I’m cooking up. I’ve been wanting to get some more art done for this little project of mine and I feel financially secure enough to do that at this point. Hopefully I’ll be able to share that soon. I’m really excited about it!
System Shock 2 came to an end for Managarmr and I yesterday. A series that had far too many delays but I’m glad we finally stuck it out. I’m not really sure what we’re going to end up doing next. I’m going to take a look at what co-op games might be appropriate for another series. I’m not sure what we’ll do in the meantime while we figure that out. Might take another break, might play something like Distance or some old strategy game. Gotta figure that out.
Oh and some audio will be coming your way this week. That’s all I’m going to say :).
Reviews Published This Month and Listed Based On Popularity:
- A Paladin’s Steam Review: Legend of Korra (The Videogame). An Experience that is Entirely Inconsequential.
- A Paladin’s Review: Alan Wake’s American Nightmare. Budgeted Mediocre Action Schlock Which Is Missing That Extra Something.
- A Paladin’s Review: Alan Wake. Thrills and Dark Chills in this Darkness VS Light Story.
- A Paladin’s Steam Review: Gone Home. A Short Exploration Game That’s Not For Everyone.
I’m actually surprised Legend of Korra got as much attention as it did. But then, I guess action brawling games aren’t out of my audience’s attention and Legend of Korra does have some weight. Gone Home’s position on this list isn’t surprising. I didn’t expect it to get anything but it got some views so I’m happy with that.
Top five posts from the past month:
- A Paladin’s Review: Huniepop. The Review that will Doom My Credibility Forever.
- A Paladin’s Update: August 2015 in Summary. New Monitor and Status of Upcoming Reviews including Witcher 3 and Age of Wonders 3.
- A Paladin’s Updated Steam Review: Overlord & Overlord: Raising Hell. Frustrating Gameplay & Conflicted Themes Doesn’t Make One Evil.
- A Paladin’s Steam Review: Metro 2033 Redux: My Unhappy Thoughts On This Remake.
- A Paladin’s Review: Metro: Last Light Redux. An Interesting Sequel But With More Than One Boob To Be Found.
Nothing all that surprising in this. Huniepop continues to dominate the charts and Overlord with the Metro series makes a return. Those posts certainly get a good amount of attention.
Other Personal Items:
I’ve been applying to more jobs but not getting a lot of progress on finding a full time job. I wish I knew what it was that was keeping me from getting one. But my current contracting job seems to be picking up again so I won’t be lacking for work for the next couple of months. Thank goodness because we’re about to get into the worst time of the year as far as spending limits go ;). I hope everyone has had a good October and I look forward to a great month of November.
Until next time!