Day fourteen and the New Year is here. Happy New Year everyone!
This series is about recommending or cautioning you about games on the Steam Daily Sale as well as any flash sales or other games on sale that catch my eye. Don’t forget that yesterday’s deals are still in effect for another 24 hours so check out my previous post for information on those. So let’s get on with day fourteen of this year’s sale.
- The Walking Dead Season Two: If (and I’ve heard it is) Season Two is as good as Season 1, this one is well worth picking up. That being said, it’s an episodic game and I usually prefer to wait until all the episodes have been released. So it’s up to you on whether you want to get it at that price. For those that don’t know, it’s a point-and-click actionish game about surviving in a Zombie apocalypse.
- Just Cause 2: A ridiculous open-world game about being insane and doing whatever you want. At least, that’s what I’ve heard. This has always been on my list to play but I’ve just never had the time for it. It’s now got multiplayer and a bunch of DLC and is continually supported by it’s community and devs. If you’re looking for a new open world that doesn’t take itself seriously, this is it.
- Legend of Grimrock, one of my favorite games of 2012 is very worth the price. First person dungeon crawler puzzler with some really great graphics, animation and atmosphere.
- VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV: Ok, maybe it doesn’t have that many V’s, but VVVVVV is a high precision platformer that I hear is really great. Comes with a good 8bit retro style and good music. It also takes place in outerspace. I myself could not get past the first couple of levels. So, if you’re at all curious about this game, check it out and be warned: it’s hard as nails.
- Civilization V: I hear this series is pretty great but it’s one that I don’t have the time to get into. Casual grand strategy game with great graphics and addictive gameplay.
Warning and Caution on these Games:
- You Need A Budget: What in the heck is a software title doing on the front page?! Be gone foul beast!
- Castle Story: Open-world Early Access (Alpha, I think) game about building castles. It is way too early and in too rough a shape last report to play right now. Unless you’re interested in Beta-testing this game, I recommend staying away until it’s been fully published. It’s on my to-get list as well.
- Interstellar Marines: For whatever reason, this game has a lot of hype surrounding it. It’s supposed to be this big magical evolutionary new-gen FPS game but has been in development for years. Even the version on Steam is an Early Access game. The devs have put a lot of promises behind this one but keep in mind that promises may be harder to keep then they let on. I would highly recommend not buying this until it has been completed.
Hope you enjoyed this post, more recommendations coming tomorrow! This is also the last week of the Steam Christmas sale so keep that in mind.
Have a Happy New Year!