Day twelve is here and we’ve got all sorts of awesome deals today. Wow, there has to be something here for you.
This series is about recommending or cautioning you about games on the Steam Daily Sale as well as any flash sales or other games on sale that catch my eye. Don’t forget that yesterday’s deals are still in effect for another 24 hours so check out my previous post for information on those. So let’s get onto day twelve of this year’s sale.
- Metro Last Light: At 66% off, this cross-platform b-e-a-utiful game is well worth the price they’re asking here. It’s a fairly corridored shooter but has some great mechanics for this horror dystopian world. I’ve played the first game, Metro 2033, and I’ve heard that Metro Last Light is just like it with better everything so that should be a worthwhile game to play. You have to survive the horrors of the Metro under Russia, so, good luck out there.
- Alan Wake: A solid 3rd person action horror game following the story of best-selling writer Alan Wake. The graphics are pretty good (though the animations aren’t aging well) and the PC port is very well done after an initial terrible launch. The story is pretty interesting as well as you try and save your wife and figure out the mystery in Bright Falls. However, don’t bother with the American Nightmare, it’s not good and has a whole host of issues.
- Kerbal Space Program: This cross-platform, open sandbox game where you try and get your Kerbals into space was just recently given to me and I have yet to play it. Yet so many have spoken positively about it that I’m looking forward to it. Cross-platform with a growing modding community makes this a game worth checking out. It is in early access though so keep that in mind.
- Shadow Warrior: I just recently picked up Shadow Warrior and I’m impressed. The graphics are great, the melee and shooting combat is very fun and it’s got plenty of amusing references. So if you’re looking for a little bit silly FPS game, this is the one to get today.
- Farming Simulator 2013: A friend of mine gifted this to me and highly recommended it as a game to relax to. Add on good graphics, a large modding community and co-op and FS2013 shouldn’t be looked at as a joke. The 50% only applies to the Titanium Edition with Modding Instructions and not the game by itself. It’s a bit odd but there’s no harm in buying the modding instructions, even if you don’t plan on modding it.
- Limbo: A great atmospheric puzzle platformer, if a bit on the short side. Limbo has plenty of challenge and scenery to enjoy for such a short game.
- Tidalis: If you’re looking for a really deep puzzle game, then you’ll want to look at Tidalis. One of my favorite ones I’ve played, it’s complex and quite difficult for it’s genre but is so unique and beautiful. Add on one of the best soundtracks they’ve ever had and it’s a puzzle game you should look at it if you’re looking for a new challenge.
- Outlast: I’ve heard good things about Outlast and it’s on my to-do list to get. Other than that, I can’t say much about this first person horror game.
- Game Dev Tycoon: Cross-platform game about you running your own business of making games. I’ve heard pretty good things about this one though you’ll probably want to do your own research on it before buying it.
Warning and Caution on these Games:
- SpaceBase of 9: An early access game and it should also be noted that Double Fine, the company behind the game, has a bad habit lately of releasing unfinished games in early access and not finishing them before releasing another game. I’d wait until it’s finished.
Hope you enjoyed this post, more recommendations coming tomorrow! This is also the last week of the Steam Christmas sale so keep that in mind.
Have a Happy New Year!