Day ten is here with some very interesting sales. Some of them are my favorite games I’ve played this year.
This series is about recommending or cautioning you about games on the Steam Daily Sale as well as any interesting GOG sales that might catch my eyes. I won’t bother with flash sales as those come and go too quickly. Don’t forget that yesterday’s deals are still in effect for another 24 hours so check out my previous post for information on those. So let’s get onto day two of this year’s sale.
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons: My Game of the year is on sale for
50%70% off and is well worth your time and money. I think I talked about it best over here. Short version: Brothers is a great merging of story and game mechanics to make you feel intimately involved. The story is touching in more ways than one and I truly hope we see more games like this in the near future.
- Dust: An Elysian Tail: My almost game of the year game is also on sale and I think I said it best about the game in the this post. Short version: Dust is an action RPG side-scroller that revived my love for gaming again. Features excellent graphics, a whole cast of great characters and much more.
- SimCity 4: The last good SimCity game is not without its rough points. The performance of the game is fairly terrible on modern machines and its age is showing. There are fixes and mods to keep the game in a playable state but it feels like the engine needed a complete overhaul which probably led to the current SimCity disaster. I had quite a bit of fun playing it recently though I had issues with V-sync.
- Torchlight II: What Diablo 3 should have been. Made by many of the same developers that created Diablo 2, Torchlight II is a very impressed action RPG. It’s got a very satisfying combat system and a very enjoyable loot system as well. However, the game starts getting tedious towards the end of the game and can be a bit of a drag to get through. Still, it does have a growing modding community and that should help iron out some of the game’s minor issues.
- Garry’s Mod: Anyone that knows what Garry’s mod knows that it’s worth getting. I personally don’t have any experience with this mod but have heard and seen some great things.
- Saints Row IV: If Saints Row IV is anything like Saints Row III, then it’s worth getting. I can’t really say much more than that as it’s still on my to-do list.
- GOG.com is currently featuring is on its last day of sales and has all the bundles you might have missed up from the past week. There are some really good deals for old games to be found.
Warning and Caution on these Games:
- GODUS: It’s in early access and boy does it show. Video footage has shown it to be nothing more than a glorified cow clicker and I can only hope that 22Cans puts more gameplay into this game because it simply doesn’t impress in it’s current form. I would advise looking at this game after its release.
Hope you enjoyed this post, more recommendations coming tomorrow!
Have a Merry Christmas!