Day five has arrived and there are some great deals on the store today so you’ll want to check this post out.
This series is about recommending or cautioning you about games on the Steam Daily Sale as well as any interesting GOG sales that might catch my eyes. I won’t bother with flash sales as those come and go too quickly. Don’t forget that yesterday’s deals are still in effect for another 24 hours so check out my previous post for information on those. So let’s get onto day two of this year’s sale.
- Trine 2: Complete Story: At 90% off for the entire game with all the DLC, this is a steal of a deal and definitely my deal of the day. This 2D puzzler/platformer/action game is one of the most gorgeous games on PC and if you can grab a couple of friends, a whole lot of fun. It’s fun solo too. Trine 2 has you playing a warrior, wizard and thief who must save the land from evils. If you don’t have this game already, what is wrong with you?
- Serious Sam 3: BFE: Serious Sam 3 is a ridiculously insane chaotic FPS game. At 75% off, you’ll get a full cross-platform high quality action game with one liners and more enemies than you have bullets for. Have fun!
- Brutal Legend: If you’re a fan of Jack Black and/or Heavy Metal, this game was made for you. 90% off is a steal for a full cross-platform supported game with an Open World to explore. I’ve played a bit of it and I’m finding it rather enjoyable. It’s not the prettiest game as it is rather old but there’s a lot of good stuff in here.
- Thomas Was Alone: One of my Top Games of the year is currently 75% off and at that price, you really cannot go wrong. This platformer game features an excellent OST and narration.
- Unmechanical: A really gorgeous puzzle adventure that takes place in a fantastical world of flesh and machine, Unmechanical was built by a very small team on the Unreal engine and is one of the prettiest games I’ve encountered. Check it out.
Warning and Caution on these Games:
- Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. Currently on my wishlist but I’ve heard from others that played the original Amnesia that this was a major step backwards for the series. Made by the same devs who did “Dear Esther”, this game doesn’t have the same mechanics that A Dark Descent has and that disappointed a lot of people. Not really surprising, considering I think Dear Esther is a major step backwards for games and storytelling.
- Borderlands 2: GOTY Edition: This game does not include all planned DLC coming for this game so if you’re wanting the full experience of Borderlands 2, you’ll need to wait even longer. Silly if you ask me…
- Reus: From all accounts, Reus was an “OK” god game. A fairly slow-paced but pretty game. But it’s not the most impressive god game and I can’t help but make comparisons to an iOS game that I used to play a long time ago that Reus looks very similar to. Do some research before buying.
- Arma III: I’ve heard the initial launch of this game wasn’t the greatest either but that the game isn’t too bad either. Definitely do some research before buying it.
Hope you enjoyed this post, more recommendations coming tomorrow!
Have a Merry Christmas!